Thursday, September 28, 2006

Looking for Sam prt 3

I have been on various sites looking for the date of death of Sam Browne. I have found a Sam Browne appreaction societywhich is up in Yorkshire, although I cannot be sure these guys should know a little more about him (than his own family).
On one site showing births and deaths of all big band and jazz singers it shows that Sam was born March 26th 1898 and died March 2nd 1972. We are still not entirely sure where, but the general census points at Archway Hospitalk as some family members only remember it looking like a workhouse and it was in north London and this describes the Archway perfectly because I've had to quote the bleedin' windows. Some point this weekend I'll go to Sadlers Wells and to the Births, Deaths and Marriages with the afore mentioned dates.

No comments: